Our precision systems ensure you achieve the highest results possible.
Our adaptable cutting, lapping and polishing systems are extremely effective, on the most fragile of materials through to the hardest materials used in optics processes.
Whether for LED substrate preparation, IR and polymer waveguide production of fibre optic cable polishing, the exacting design and manufacture of our equipment ensures you can achieve the highest quality results.
Process technologies where our systems are currently used are:
- LED substrate preparation
- Fibre optics
- Laser materials
- Fabry perot etalons
- Micro lenses & Micro optics
A single Logitech system for optical polishing would typically include:
- Precision cutting with minimal kerf loss
- Mounting and bonding of the sample onto a support plate with thickness uniformity
- Retention of the sample using a precision jig prior to lapping or polishing
- Lapping of the sample to achieve the required shape and surface quality
- Automated polishing / polishing to achieve precise angles, parallelism and surface quality
- Analysis of the sample for accurate angular measurement, flatness and thickness