Before returning any equipment to Logitech it is mandatory that you obtain a Return Authorisation Number (RAN).
Without this RAN, Logitech will not be able to accept your returned equipment.
The health and safety of our employees is very important. Therefore, we need to know of any hazardous materials that might have been in contact with your equipment. This information is required of you by law in order to protect our employees from contaminated equipment.
In order to comply with current legislation, it is necessary for you to complete the “Return of Logitech Equipment Declaration (HS10)” form prior to shipping any goods to Logitech.
- Equipment is considered “uncontaminated” if it has not been used, or if it has only been used with substances that are officially classified as “non-hazardous”. Your equipment is “hazardous” if it has been used with any substances classified as being “hazardous” under EU directive 67/548/EEC.
- If your equipment has been in contact with “hazardous” materials you must decontaminate it prior to sending it to Logitech. You are required to provide proof of decontamination, e.g. a certificate of analysis, to Logitech with the declaration HS10.
- Should your equipment be contaminated it is necessary to: Remove all traces of contamination (to the satisfaction of local, national and international laws covering the transportation of dangerous/”hazardous” goods, and in conjunction with EU directive 67/548/EEC.
- Submit the form below.
- You will receive an email where you can download the RAN HS10 form. Please complete digitally and submit via the “Send to Logitech” button within the form.
- Your submission will be reviewed and assigned a Return Authorisation Number (RAN).
- You will receive an email containing your Return Authorisation Number (RAN) and the completed HS10 form from Logitech.
- Decontaminate ALL goods to be returned.
- Include HS10 documentation with your return shipment.
- If the equipment has been in contact with “hazardous” materials you must provide certification that the goods being returned are no longer contaminated as defined under EU directive 67/548/EEC.
As the person offering the equipment for shipment, it is your responsibility to ensure compliance with all applicable laws.
- Remove all traces of hazardous contamination from the equipment.
- Seal the equipment in using a suitable polythene cover.
- Ensure that oil fluids are well drained and will not leak through the packaging material.
- Equipment should be packed in a suitable packing case or box and should not simply be strapped to a pallet.
- Ensure that a copy of the HS10 is given to the transport driver and alert the freight company if the equipment has been classified “hazardous”.
- Place the original declaration in a suitable sealed envelope, which should in turn be placed within a weather seal bag. This bag must be attached to the outside of the equipment with the Return Authorisation Number (RAN) number clearly written on the outside of the package.
Please complete the below form to receive a RAN HS10 form to your mailbox:
Logitech Ltd. are in no way associated with Logitech.
For computer and gaming returns, please visit https://www.logitech.com
Logitech Ltd. take no responsibility for items which are intended for https://www.logitech.com and returned to us. Items may be destroyed or disposed of at our digression.