LED Substrate Preparation Solutions

System Solutions for preparation of Sapphire, Silicon Carbide and Gallium Nitride for LED applications.

Due to the continuing growth of the LED market and demand for larger wafers, we are seeing a substantial increase in the sale of system solutions for the preparation of Sapphire, Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) substrates.
LEDs are typically manufactured on Sapphire substrates, around 90% of the blue LEDs currently in production, the remaining 10% are made from SiC substrates.  It is estimated that there will be a 20% year on year demand for Sapphire substrates for LED fabs.
To meet the needs of our clients processing these hard materials, we have developed a high speed lapping and polishing system.
The high speed system is ideal for research and small scale production laboratories, offering a flexible, reliable and low cost solution for the processing and analysis of hard materials such as:
  • Sapphire
  • Silicon Carbide (SiC)
  • Gallium Nitride (GaN)
  • Diamond
  • Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramics (LTCC)
  • High Temperature Co-fired Ceramics (HTCC)