Edited 20 March 2023
31 July 2019– Old Kilpatrick, UK: Logitech is dedicated to continuous improvement and development internally that allows us to pass the benefits on to our customers, from staff development and training to improving manufacturing facilities and processes. Our manufacturing department has recently undertook a number of changes to create a more efficient working environment. These improvements allows our systems to be built and developed to Logitech’s continuing high standards.
Improving Manufacturing Environment and Working Conditions
We have recently had new air ventilation systems and oil mist extraction units installed within our manufacturing areas, including the workshop and manufacturing lab’s. This is part of our continuing effort to modernize our manufacturing areas and create a cleaner, safer environment for our workforce. This improved air filtration system enhances our our system’s build and development productivity of our system builds and development.
Our engineering department as a whole, including product development, engineering and manufacturing, are moving towards a paperless working environment. All assembly areas now utilize 3D data and drawings electronically. This improves efficiency to ensure the latest revisions of drawings are utilized at each step of the manufacturing process reducing the room for error. Also, helping us reduce our carbon footprint as a business.
The engineering department has completely streamlined our internal MRP system allowing us to respond quicker and more efficiently to customer demand. This review has allowed us better management of the production and development of bespoke equipment. We currently offer customers the opportunity to develop bespoke elements of our equipment to adapt to their application requirements. We are continually looking for ways our customers can maximize the benefits of our equipment and these bespoke elements help us achieve our customers processing goals.
We have recently rolled out our 2019 Employee Engagement Survey, this is rolled out on an annual basis to gauge employee’s engagement throughout the year and to take on their thoughts and suggestions for keeping staff morale and productivity high. This ensure’s a happy work environment which allows us to provide the best service to our customers. From sales support, product development, equipment enhancements and process support, we pride ourselves on offering the highest level of service across the business.
Leading the Way in Environmental Efficiency Savings
As a manufacturer, we understand the importance of reducing our environmental impact. Logitech manages its Environmental impact through its Environmental Policy intent and Integrated Environmental Management Systems that are aligned to its ISO14001:2015 certification audited by UKAS approved body, British Standards Institute. A demonstrable commitment to improving Environmental performance by minimising consumption of raw materials and energy and avoiding waste.
Logitech Environmental & Sustainability commitment to reducing carbon emissions whilst improving efficiency savings are through the convergence of three distinct sustainable pillars:
- Environmental Sustainability: Commitment to a zero-carbon workplace.
- Economic Sustainability: Growth with collaborative sustainable partnerships.
- Social Sustainability: Partnership with employees, community & clients.
Logitech Sustainability Policy intent:
‘Operating Together for a Better Tomorrow, Today’
Some activities we have carried out which have contributed towards achieving ISO14001:2015 certification and Environmental efficiency savings include:
- Zero Carbon Workplace: Logitech’s Environmental ‘Small Steps’ programme and zero carbon transition plans to net zero by 2045 is aligned with local council climate change action targets and reducing our carbon footprint from our activities through effective planning of work, energy efficiency solutions, waste minimisation, effective water management.
- 25% Waste Recycling Improvement: in partnership with our solid & liquid waste contractors we aim to improve waste management performance (reduce / recycling / reuse / eliminate waste) which will further contribute to Scotland’s circular economy
- Supply Chain Leadership in Eliminating Conflict Minerals from our Products: Logitech suppliers must adhere to ethical sourcing of components and raw Materials to eliminate conflict minerals (Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten, Coltan, Wolframite and Gold) from entering our products. Annual auditing of suppliers is conducted and supplier approval granted only if they are compliant. We see this ethical action as critical to ensuring our Environmental sustainability.
- Community and Supporting Public & Nature: Logitech supports local community dog walkers and ramblers who access the land adjacent to Logitech’s Clydeside river location. This strategy promotes community inclusion and partnership whilst protecting and enhancing the local green infrastructure, landscape character and riverside features. Logitech’s Sustainability Policy Intent:
‘The Community is at the Heart of everything we do’
Logitech has been leading the materials world since 1965 from its headquarters on the banks of the River Clyde in Scotland, UK – a location long associated with engineering excellence and innovation.
Today, Logitech is considered a world leader in many aspects of materials processing, shaping, and surface finishing technology due to the advanced technology and precise accuracy implemented in every product within its vast portfolio.
Logitech operates globally, selling into a wide range of markets including semiconductors, geological sciences, optoelectronics, and optics.
To learn more about Logitech, please visit Logitech.uk.com
Lauren Murray – Global Marketing Manager
+44 (0) 1389 875444