Logitech’s Tribo system offers nanometer level material removal capabilities on either individual die or wafers up to 100mm/4″ diameter. This CMP solution is suitable for a wide variety of wafer/substrate materials used in todays device fabrication processes.
The Tribo achieves industry standards in control and layer removal for CMP and produces laser quality surfaces (0/0 scratch dig), making improvements to surface topography. You can also achieve Ra to subnanometer levels on substrates with this system.
This highly versatile system can be tailored through the use of different carrier heads, polishing templates, wet bench modules or end point detection.
The Tribo allows you to collect numerous data variables via multiple sensors, in order to identify and analyse various in-situ factors on the material samples being processed. The integrated, real-time analytical software allows you to convert this data into useable information. The software can be easily exported into standard packages such as Microsoft Excel.
Specific applications where the Tribo can be used include:
- Silicon Wafer CMP
- Global CMP of III-V Compound Semiconductors
- Global CMP of Silicon Nitride, Oxides & Polymer Layers
- Global CMP of brittle, friable IR material substrates
- Global CMP of Sapphire, Gallium Nitride & Silicon Carbide substrates
- Reclamation of EPI ready substrates
- Final stage thinning of SOS and SOI wafers to below 20 microns
- Device delayering for reverse engineering of FA applications
Further features and benefits of this system include:
- In process diamond conditioning
- Process both hard and soft materials
- Wide range of wafer sizes catered for
- High downward load settings available
- Back pressure settings for better process results
- End point detection available to monitor polishing in real time
- Ideal for Tribological and Chemical Mechanical Polishing Applications
- Precision processing of wafers up to 100mm (4″)
- In-situ pad conditioner optimises pad condition
- Benchtop solution