The Akribis-Air is an intelligent, stand-alone sample preparation system delivers the ultimate in processing innovations and is a highly automated stand-alone machine. Offering dynamic load control of Logitech’s intelligent air jigs, the system offers fast, reliable and highly accurate results across a wide range of applications.
The level of automation offered by Akribis-air substantially reduces user input, variability, set-up and clean up operations. The integration of an advanced software system provides a user friendly and high controlled platform for advanced processing. The intelligent, free rotating air jigs developed by Logitech uses air pressure to allow maximum sample load application throughout the process – meeting the needs of the most demanding applications.
Akribis-air is chemically resistant to standard chemicals used in CMP applications, including sodium hypochlorite (Na OCL).
Typical applications for this system include:
• Silicon – Integrated Circuits, Solar and Waveguides
• III-V & II-VI thinning and polishing
• Sapphire – LEDs
• Silicon Carbide – Optics, LEDs and Power Electronics
• Gallium Nitride – Optical Devices, Lasers, RFs
• Optical polishing – Infra Red, Fibre Optic and Laser Rods
• Visit our Online Consumables store
- Stand alone, single station system with the ability to process either 100mm/4″ or 150mm/6″ specimen – a driven jig roller arm greatly increases accuracy and repeatability.
- 400mm plate with rotational speeds between 5-100rpm – facilitating faster lapping and polishing rates.
- Bluetooth enabled features include: real time data collection and feedback from the digital indicator on the Air Jigs allowing greater end-point thickness control for increased accuracy.
- Intelligent Air Jigs allow jig load to be accurately set to meet the needs of the application, in the range of 0.5kg – 12kg for the AJ100 (100mm jig) and 0.5kg – 21.6kg for the AJ150 (150mm jig).
- All process conditions controlled via the graphical user interface (GUI), including: plate speeds, MRR, metered abrasive feed and jig load – giving the operator complete control.