Process Development Engineer
Location: Old Kilpatrick, Glasgow, Scotland
C O M P A N Y
Logitech Ltd, a successful subsidiary of a diverse internationally renowned group, is accepted as a world leader in the field of precision materials technology. Located in Scotland, the company designs and manufactures a range of specialized materials preparation systems for customers in Universities, Government Laboratories, Scientific Institutions and major High Technology Companies. Your time will be split 80-90% in Old Kilpatrick facility with around 10-20% at worldwide customers’ sites conducting commissioning, training and demonstrations.
D E S C R I P T I O N
- Design and develop processes to optimize efficient process flow, reduce process or product variation, improve process capability.
- Develop, verify, and validate products/accessories from process development to full commercial deployment.
- Evaluate current processes and provide recommendations.
- Source, test, qualify, and validate new consumables and accessories used in conjunction with Logitech Lapping and Polishing Systems within the Logitech lab facility
- Develop process improvements for high efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Provide training and guidance to Customers / Engineers / Technicians as needed both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain process optimization and validation programs.
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve / augment existing Logitech Lapping / Polishing and Cutting Systems.
- Experience in wafer cutting / lapping / grinding / polishing / CMP polishing would be a distinct advantage.
- Participate in process improvement projects to improve product quality, reduce cost, and improve product performance.
- Communicate business and technical needs, status, results and observations to operating, technical and business personnel.
- Determine process capability for all developed processes.
- Identify and troubleshoot process-related issues.
- Install / Commission Logitech Systems globally
- Provide training to customers at the Logitech custom build Lab Facility or on-site at the customers facility.
- Experience with data analysis (Statistical or DoE) would be beneficial.
- Experience of Lean manufacturing principles (eg. 5s, PDCA, etc) and/or DMAIC methodology would be beneficial
- Ability to lead root cause analysis both internally and externally to drive towards improved customer satisfaction
- Use of standard software packages including Microsoft (Intermediate to Advanced levels) / Minitab / JMP software would be beneficial.
- This fulltime position demands a high level of interpersonal skills, personal integrity and excellent written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Report writing skills (for internal reports, marketing materials, technical papers)
R E Q U I R E M E N T S
As a process development engineer with a relevant degree qualification (or equivalent) you will possess an outstanding track record of process understanding and deployment.
You will have:
- At least 5 years prior successful process development experience in semiconductor equipment sales, scientific equipment sales or capital equipment sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Optics, Geological, material science or related scientific field
- Experience of handling a variety of customer samples to deliver results to their needs (and exceed) in order to secure equipment sale in conjunction with the Sales team.
- Experience of Geological, semi-conductor, compound semi-conductor or optical applications desirable.
- Highly motivated self -starter, with a flexible and organized approach to business.
- Drive and maturity required to carry out autonomous function and to deliver key business targets.
- Ability to pass on learnings to others as well as learn from others & promote continuous improvement
- Commercial awareness and honest approach to customer facing role.
- Proven flair for communicating confidently with different nationalities / cultures and be experienced in presenting to groups.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task, work in teams and in isolation in a lab environment
- National and international business travel (approximately 10-20% )
- Expertise in leading customer and dealer meetings (in person or via using Video Call applications)
- Ability to lead group presentations (PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of computer software programs: CRM, QMS, ERP systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) with strong written and communication skills
- Full Driver’s license.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to develop a successful career with a company that has an established customer base in all Territories, a high level reputation across a number of key application sectors and a desire to expand business operations. In return the successful candidate will join a world leading, long established company, where your efforts will be recognised and rewarded through an excellent benefits package.
Apply via the button below or contact us directly.