Logitech DP high speed polishing systems have been designed for semi-automated final stage polishing of hard materials. This includes sapphire, silicon carbide or gallium nitride, to epitaxy ready quality surfaces.
Typical Applications include:
- Polish wafered materials to epitaxy ready surface without losing geometric control.
- Precision interference filter polishing for UV or IT colour discrimination in optical & opto-electronic systems.
- Exacting parallelism achieved when polishing plane parallel windows for use in optical systems as input/output windows for beamsplitters, filters & polarizers.
The single station (DP1) and the four station (DP4) can process materials up to 300mm (12″), or smaller muiltiple samples. The systems are capable of applying pressure up to 50kg of download on each carrier head, resulting in the highest sample throughput of any Logitech polishing system. All DP parts and components are sodium hypochlorite resistant for chemo-mechanical polishing processes.
Typical Surface Finish Capabilities:
Material removal rates, typically: 4-10 microns per hour.
- Designed for Chemo-mechanical based polishing processes
- Driven head technology dramatically reduces polishing time.
- Process up to 4 of 8″ wafers or 48 of 2″ wafers simultaneously.
- Ideal for polishing Silicon Carbide, Gallium Nitride and Sapphire