Akribis-air is a new edition to our range of lapping and polishing machines. This highly automated stand alone system delivers the ultimate in processing innovations, enabling you to achieve the highest level of processing results in the minimum of time.
The single station lapping and polishing system has a 400mm plate, and a speed of 100rpm. When working with the dynamic load control of Logitech’s new intelligent jigs the system offers fast, reliable and highly accurate results across a wide range of applications. Logitech’s, air driven jigs are available for 100mm (AJ100) and 150mm (AJ150) wafer processing.
The fully integrated Akribis-air lapping and polishing system achieves superior quality results through intelligent automation features to substantially reduce user input, variability, set-up and clean up operations.
Typical applications for this system include:
• Silicon – Integrated Circuits, Solar and Waveguides
• III-V & II-VI thinning and polishing
• Sapphire – LEDs
• Silicon Carbide – Optics, LEDs and Power Electronics
• Gallium Nitride – Optical Devices, Lasers, RFs
• Optical polishing – Infra Red, Fibre Optic and Laser Rods
The Akribis-air lapping and polishing machine is chemically resistant to standard chemicals used in CMP applications, including sodium hypochlorite (Na OCL). The auto-wash feature in the system increases user safety when working with hazardous semiconductor material and standard CMP.
- Automatic wafer thickness control
- Plate flatness control
- Faster removal rates due to load and plate speed
- Reduced waste through the metered abrasive feed supply
- Real Time Data from in-situ bluetooth jig micrometer gauge
- Reduced maintenance and clean-up using the auto wash feature