2016 seen the launch of the new, innovative PM6 Precision Lapping & Polishing system from Logitech. The features and functionality contained within the PM6 have been driven by increasingly demanding customer and user requirements such as increasing material removal rates (MRR) and reduced total thickness variation (TTV).
Enhanced features for increased process repeatability
The PM6 is a single station, benchtop, R&D level lapping and polishing machine with processing capabilities of up to 100mm/4″ samples for small volume throughput.
Key features developed in this machine allow for easy process repeatability and faster processes, including:
- Bluetooth enabled features including real time data collection and feedback via the graphical user interface (GUI)
- 300 diameter plate with a rotational speed of up to 100rpm facilitating increased MRR
- Users can build, save and recall multistage recipes via the GUI for process repeatability
- Dual, 2L abrasive feed cylinders with metered abrasive delivery via peristaltic pumps for high levels of control of volume of abrasive to delivery to plate
- Automatic plate flatness software
- Assisted driven jig roller arm with linear sweep for increased control and fast lapping & polishing rates